Friday, July 26th, 2019
The report highlights the work we did under our three programme areas in 2018. Some of the work we did includes the following:
· Promoting legal reforms for environmental conservation amidst oil threats.
· Undertaking land rights campaigns for the protection of communities’ land rights.
· Campaigning against amendment of Article 26 of the Uganda Constitution.
· Defending the education, water, food, shelter, gender and other rights of oil-affected communities.
· Promoting public participation in SEA and ESIA activities including the Tilenga ESIA activities.
· Strengthening communities in the oil region to demand for transparency and accountability.
· Campaigning for access to justice through re-instatement of district land tribunals and faster court processes.
· Promoting a just energy transition to clean energy through films, community sensitisation campaigns, strengthening CSO partnerships and others
Download AFIEGO’s 2018 annual report here : AFIEGO’s 2018 annual report